Interested in working remote on open source Software Defined Radios either full-time or part-time? Please reach out, or send a resume to [email protected] !
Nuand’s mission is to develop high-performance and cost-effective Software Defined Radio platforms and IP. Starting with the popular bladeRF Kickstarter campaign, Nuand has pioneered new SDR technologies, most recently releasing the bladeRF-wiphy (an open source IEEE 802.11 compatible modem) that runs directly on the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA9. We are seeking motivated engineers and welcome all levels of expertise to help us develop flexible RF platforms and high throughput waveforms. We aim to provide an environment that nurtures continued learning, and is full of high impact work.
Currently looking for engineers to continue developing the bladeRF Software Defined Radio platformS and Nuand waveform ecosystem. Tasks and responsibilities include (not all are required):
- Adding new VHDL and C API features to expand radio platform capabilities. Ability to write good VHDL, C, and Python required
- Developing new HDL and soft modems to run on AD9361 based bladeRF 2.0 micro software defined radio. As an example, take a look at the bladeRF-wiphy project
- Working closely with DSP team members to prototype, implement, and debug wide-band highthroughput modems
- Hardware prototyping of simple (GPIO breakout boards) to complex boards (wideband microwave MIMO RF)
- Experience developing RTL (VHDL/Verilog) systems and meeting timing closure
- Familiarity with either embedded systems, FPGAs, and RF transceivers
- Basic Digital Signal Processing understanding would be very helpful, intermediate to expert understanding of DSP beneficial
- Experience with Component Selection, Schematic Capture, and PCB Layout preferred but not required
- Developing AXI peripherals and developing Linux device drivers
Familiarity with some or most of these tools and concepts (not all are required):
- OFDM, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, Link Budget, Multipath, ISI, Pulse shaping
- Machine learning: Bayesian inference, Deep Learning (Convolutional Neural Nets, Reinforcement learning, Graph Nets)
- Embedded Linux build tools: Yocto, OpenWRT, buildroot
- Development tools: Altera Quartus, Xilinx ISE, vim, git, Eclipse, JTAG, Modelsim
- Network protocols: Ethernet, BlueTooth, 802.11
- FPGA interfaces: LVDS, JESD204b, PCIe, USB3.0, Wishbone, RGMII, SGMII
- RF ICs: AD9361, AD9364, AD9371, ADRV9009, etc
- Languages: C, C++, Python
- GNURadio, MATLAB, Octave
Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns!