bladeRF and GNU Radio

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
bladerf_beginner

bladeRF and GNU Radio

Post by bladerf_beginner »

I'm a newbie in sdr and I'm having some difficulty running GNU radio with bladeRF. So far, I followed all the instructions on the wiki and I was able to load the FPGA and etc. However, when trying to use bladeRF with GNU Radio, it looks like something is wrong. I think it's the library path but I am not sure how/where you set them. I have included the error message below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/omid/Desktop/wbfm/top_block.py", line 22, in <module>
import osmosdr
File "/opt/gnuradio-3.7.3/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
from osmosdr_swig import *
File "/opt/gnuradio-3.7.3/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/osmosdr_swig.py", line 26, in <module>
_osmosdr_swig = swig_import_helper()
File "/opt/gnuradio-3.7.3/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osmosdr/osmosdr_swig.py", line 22, in swig_import_helper
_mod = imp.load_module('_osmosdr_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /opt/gnuradio-3.7.3/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr-0.1.2git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: bladerf_sync_rx

Please help if you have any experience with bladeRF and GNU Radio.
jynik

Re: bladeRF and GNU Radio

Post by jynik »

What's happnening here is libgnuradio-osmosdr is finding an older version of libbladeRF, which didn't have the bladerf_sync_rx() function in the API.

Which version of libbladeRF have you built and installed, and where did you install it? Any chance you still have an old libbladeRF from a long time ago installer somewhere else? (Very early versions installed to /usr/lib...perhaps you have an old version installed there?).

To search for installed versions of libbladeRF, try ldconfig -v | grep '^/\|blade'. Below is some sample output from my machine with a recent libbladeRF version, installed in the default <b>/usr/local/lib</b>:

Code: Select all

% ldconfig -v | grep '^/\|blade'                                                                                                                                                               ~ 
...snip...

/usr/local/lib:
    libbladeRF.so.0 -> libbladeRF.so.0

...snip...

A very similar issue is posted in this thread, with some similar tips.

Best regards,
Jon