CLI freezes in widows when transmitting

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
gaprice2354

CLI freezes in widows when transmitting

Post by gaprice2354 »

I'm having an issue with the CLI in windows that i do not have in linux. When transmitting as shown in the second picture the cli freezes. Ive also tried to re-transmit the .csv captured from the rx function to see if improperly formatted the .csv but the same result occurred.

I've done this at low sample rates and high as well.

Has anyone else experienced this?
jynik

Re: CLI freezes in widows when transmitting

Post by jynik »

gaprice2345,

Could you list the output from the 'version' command, to provide info about what libbladeRF, FPGA, and firmware version you're using? I'll try to reproduce this over the weekend.

If you're using versions from the Windows installer, it might be worth trying to build the latest from source; quite a large number of changes have been made since the last windows installer was created.

Thanks!
Jon
gaprice2354

Post by gaprice2354 »

bladeRF> info

Serial #: 210588cbbd9541
VCTCXO DAC calibration: 0x8a68
FPGA size: 115 KLE
FPGA loaded: yes
USB bus: 1
USB address: 2
USB speed: SuperSpeed
Backend: libusb
Instance: 0

bladeRF> version

bladeRF-cli version: 0.10.3-git
libbladeRF version: 0.12.1-git

Firmware version: 1.6.1-git-b7
FPGA version: 0.0.4
jynik

Post by jynik »

I see you're using the FPGA from master, v0.0.4. This is still experimental and being debugged. Could you try using v0.0.3 as a sanity test? From my understanding, FPGA v0.0.4 introduces backwards-incompatible changes that require associated changes in libbladeRF. (Granted, I haven't been in the HDL myself.)

I also see that you're running libbladeRF v0.12.1. I would try running at least v0.14.0, if not the latest in master, to see if the problems persist. I don't know what the state of the Windows installer is, as I work more on the Linux side of things. You may need to build from source, which can be done with MS Visual Studio Express (free), as outlined in this wiki page.

I know "upgrade to the latest" is a bit of a crummy response. However, it keeps us from debugging issues that have already been solved, allowing us to keep working on current tasks and issues.