Identifying Receiver and Transmitter Ports in SDRangel for bladeRF xA9

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
robin.bergen

Identifying Receiver and Transmitter Ports in SDRangel for bladeRF xA9

Post by robin.bergen »

Hello,

I am a beginner with SDR and am using a bladeRF xA9 with SDRangel as my spectrum analyzer software. When I am in the device choosing option within SDRangel, I notice there are two bladeRF options available: bladerf[0:0] and bladerf[0:1]. I am having trouble determining which one of these is the receiving port and which one is the transmitting port. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me or point me to where I might find this information. I am still learning and any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!
nsk_nyc

Re: Identifying Receiver and Transmitter Ports in SDRangel for bladeRF xA9

Post by nsk_nyc »

You can tell because sdrangel will only let you select the antenna based on the device you picked. RX device or TX device. 0 being the first of the two. I hope that didn't confuse you.
suitwrestlers

Post by suitwrestlers »

Okay, managed to solve this !
lilycollins9x

Post by lilycollins9x »

Hello! I can help you understand the two options bladerf[0:fnaf0] and bladerf[0:1] in SDRangel. It's great to get started with SDR and use the bladeRF xA9 with SDRangel!

Regarding your question, bladerf[0:0] and bladerf[0:1] do not differentiate in terms of receiving and transmitting ports. Both can be used for both functions, depending on how you configure them in the SDRangel software.
jenniferlopez1868

Post by jenniferlopez1868 »

bladeRF is a USB 3.0-based, next-generation Software Defined Radio (SDR) platform, offering a frequency range of 47 MHz to 6 GHz, 61.44 MHz sampling rate, and 2x2 MIMO streaming.
slope game
henrkaty

Post by henrkaty »

I appreciate your willingness to impart this knowledge to me. I greatly appreciate the blog post that you have authored. slope game free
soiltrunnel

Post by soiltrunnel »

You can connect the adc_streams to the dac_streams and change the vhdl code if you require low latencygeometry dash lite. If not, you can use GNURadio, the CLI, or APIs to link RX and Tx to the host or PC.
kanecharles

Post by kanecharles »

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you are trying to determine the receiver and transmitter ports for the bladeRF xA9 in SDRangel. The options available to you are "bladerf[0:0]" and "bladerf[0:1]."

Typically, in SDRangel time calculator, the notation "bladerf[0:0]" refers to the receiving (RX) port, while "bladerf[0:1]" refers to the transmitting (TX) port. Therefore, "bladerf[0:0]" is likely the receiving port and "bladerf[0:1]" is the transmitting port.

If you're still unsure, I'd recommend checking the bladeRF xA9 documentation or reaching out to the SDRangel community for further clarification. Good luck with your learning, and I hope this helps!