Max no damage RX input on bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4

Discussions related to schematic capture, PCB layout, signal integrity, and RF development
pluri

Max no damage RX input on bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4

Post by pluri »

Dear All,

I was looking for the max SMA RX input on the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4 to avoid damage.

I checked the components on the RX RF path and the weak point seems the AD9361 for which the datasheet states an absolute max peak power of 2.5 dBm.

However in front of the AD9361 I see ESD protection, SPDT Switch and Balun so I'm not sure what the maximum no damage level would be at the SMA RX input.

Thanks a lot, Paolo.
ominate

Re: Max no damage RX input on bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4

Post by ominate »

Dear Paolo,

When it comes to the maximum SMA RX input on the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4, it's important to consider the components involved in the RX RF path. While the AD9361 has a stated absolute maximum peak power of 2.5 dBm, there are other components in the signal path that contribute to the overall input handling capabilities.

The presence of ESD protection, SPDT switch, and Balun in front of the AD9361 suggests that these components provide additional protection and impedance matching. However, without specific information about the specifications of these components, it can be challenging to determine the exact maximum no-damage level at the SMA RX input.

To get a more accurate answer, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or the official support channels of the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4. They will have access to detailed technical information and can provide guidance on the maximum input power level that is safe to use without causing damage.

I hope this helps, and I wish you success in finding the information you need.

Best regards,
pluri

Post by pluri »

Hello Ominate,

thanks for the reply but this looks like a ChatGPT reply that just scrambles the words from the question without any added value.

Where can I reach out to the manufacturer or the official support ?

Paolo.
marbrave

Post by marbrave »

You should contact BladeRF official support for the best support for your problem.
herringburden

Post by herringburden »

marbrave wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:25 pmgeometry dash
You should contact BladeRF official support for the best support for your problem.
It will take quite a while to contact that support party. I have already contacted them but have not received a response
florencepugh

Post by florencepugh »

pluri wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:09 am Dear All,

I was looking for the max SMA RX input on the bladeRF 2.0 micro xA4 to avoid damage.

I checked the components on the RX RF path and the weak point seems the AD9361 for which the datasheet states an absolute max peak power of 2.5 dBm. incredibox

However in front of the AD9361 I see ESD protection, SPDT Switch and Balun so I'm not sure what the maximum no damage level would be at the SMA RX input.

Thanks a lot, Paolo.
You are correct in your analysis. Although the AD9361 datasheet specifies an absolute maximum peak power of 2.5 dBm, upstream components such as ESD protectors, SPDT switches, and baluns may introduce additional limitations and influence to the overall safe input power level for the SMA RX input of the BladeRF 2.0 micro xA4.
lewishamilton0998

Post by lewishamilton0998 »

pluri wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:50 am Hello Ominate,

thanks for the reply but this looks like a ChatGPT reply that just scrambles the words from the question without any added value.

Where can I reach out to the manufacturer or the official support ? retro bowl

Paolo.
Make sure you have the most recent drivers (and firmware, if necessary) for your USB controller.