bladeRF2 micro - Headless FPGA Development

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
KeshinB

bladeRF2 micro - Headless FPGA Development

Post by KeshinB »

Hi there,

I am currently trying to develop a repeater on the FPGA of the bladeRF2 micro. I need this repeater to operate headless (no samples from the PC) on the FPGA. I've been trying to just generate samples on the FPGA and transmit these samples. As I understand, if I write samples to the dac_streams data signals, these samples will be sent to the AD9361 to transmit. Does this sound right?

If not, how should I approach transmitting and receiving samples on the FPGA without samples being sent via the FX3? I would really appreciate anyone's assistance in this regard. Thank you!
stabilitytruthful

Re: bladeRF2 micro - Headless FPGA Development

Post by stabilitytruthful »

If you write samples to the dac_streams data signals on the FPGA of the bladeRF2tunnel rush micro, these samples will be sent to the AD9361 transceiver for transmission. The AD9361 is the RF transceiver chip on the bladeRF, responsible for converting the baseband samples into analog RF signals for transmission.
MutluAYDIN

Post by MutluAYDIN »

If you need low delay, you can modify the vhdl code and connect the adc_streams to the dac_streams. If not, you can connect RX and Tx in the host/PC with GNURadio or CLI or APIs.
KeshinB

Post by KeshinB »

Thank you to everyone for the helpful replies!

Reading from the adc_stream and writing to the dac_stream worked perfectly and allowed me to bypass the USB interface. Please let me know if anyone would like me to upload a set of example VHDL to GitHub for someone to use as a base for a headless application?
skeletoskull

Post by skeletoskull »

yeah that would be really helpful.