No power to BladeRF after using external power

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
blagoja

No power to BladeRF after using external power

Post by blagoja »

Dear all,

I'm using BladeRF device for almost one year.
From today I have problem with power up the device. There is no light from LED's when connected to power.
I think I did a mistake when connecting the device directly to an external power source. I was using external power for a long time and have no problem at all.
The mistake is that my power adapter was adjusted to 9V instead of 5V because in the meantime was used for another device which requires 9VDC. i forget to check the setting... :(
When I realize the mistake, I tried to change the jumper J70 in order to try with the USB power from the Laptop but nothing changes i.e. there is no light from the LED's and the device is not recognized by the Laptop and also by another Desktop PC.

I would kindly ask you for a help in troubleshooting the problem with the device. Do you think that the 9VDC could damage the device. The polarity setting was correct.
Is there some other way I could troubleshoot the problem.

If there is a damage on a device, could I sent to Nuand for a repair?

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards,
Blagoja Jankoski
jynik

Re: No power to BladeRF after using external power

Post by jynik »

Hi there,

9V applied via the DC barrel jack would certainly damage the regulators (U58: LM20145, U48: LM20143, bladeRF schematic).

I would probe the outputs of those devices in an effort to determine if one or both devices are damaged.

Regarding repair - send an email to [email protected] to inquire.

Best regards,
Jon