Synchronization of TX and RX Signals in BladeRF 2.0 xA9

Discussions related to modulation techniques, filtering, error correction and detection, wireless link layer implementations, etc
Deadshot

Synchronization of TX and RX Signals in BladeRF 2.0 xA9

Post by Deadshot »

I want to implement a FMCW or a pulsed radar using a SDR I tried using Pluto sdr but that does not have any synchronization mechanisms, I do have a BladeRF in my laboratory and I saw that in the API to control the bladeRF there is a bladerf_sync_config(), bladerf_sync_rx(), bladerf_sync_tx() functions. So, I wanted to know that if I use these functions in my code then will the TX and the RX signals be tine synchronized.

I have put up a similar question in the bladerf github issues.
venky0108

Re: Synchronization of TX and RX Signals in BladeRF 2.0 xA9

Post by venky0108 »

on the same board, it can be time synchronized by using trigger functionality of bladerf. Making Tx channel master & Rx channel slave. When trigger is fired, sampling starts.
Deadshot

Re: Synchronization of TX and RX Signals in BladeRF 2.0 xA9

Post by Deadshot »

is there a sample code available to implement the functionality described by you. Because I am not familiar with the API for bladerf and I am in a bit of a hurry so can't waste much time figuring it out. The connection and the transmission part I can handle but the syncing I need help for that.