BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
seanybooboo

BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Post by seanybooboo »

Hello,

New to BladeRF, mostly have used the Pluto with C code compiled to run on the PS. I am wanting to follow along with the FPGA 'HelloWorld' example of getting the status LEDs to blink, but having some trouble.

This is my current configuration:
- Quartus Prime Lite 22.01
- Ubuntu 20.04.6
- BladeRF Micro 2.0 xA4

I am running into an error when I follow the blinking LED example after running './build_bladerf.sh -b bladeRF-micro -r hosted -s A4"

The specific error occurs under the 'Building BSP and bladeRF-micro application'
"
nios2-elf-ar: error while loading shared libraries: libfl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:768: libhal_bsp.a] Error 127
"

Not sure if anyone else has had this error, or if someone might be able to tell me if I need a different Quartus Prime Lite version. I am retrying the example with version 17.1 as I type.
seanybooboo

Re: BladeRF FPGA Hello World Questions

Post by seanybooboo »

Wanted to share this, got the HelloWorld FPGA blinking light tutorial working with:
- Ubuntu 20.04.6
- Quartus Prime Lite 17.1 (when installing I did not check the Quartus Helper or ModelSim, install kept hanging)
- Most Recent BladeRF Repo

I got an error in the VHDL using c4_clock, not declared, so I changed c4_clock to sys_clock.

I am now watching these beautiful LEDs blink.
skeletoskull

Post by skeletoskull »

I am having almost the same issue, i get error at java thing.
alexreynolds

Post by alexreynolds »

I've been looking for good information on this topic but haven't found anything good until now. You just got a new biggest fan quordle
EmilyWilson

Post by EmilyWilson »

To resolve this issue, you can try installing the flex package on your Ubuntu system. You can do this by running the following command in your terminal:

arduino fnaf
Copy code
sudo apt-get install flex
After installing the flex package, try running the build script again and see if the error persists. If it does, you may also need to check if the libfl.so.2 library is installed on your system and if its path is included in your system's library search path.