Open Source Software Stack for 3G

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
bugraserttas

Open Source Software Stack for 3G

Post by bugraserttas »

Hello, I am a student at Kocaeli University. I am looking for open source software stack for 3G like OpenAirInterface for 5G or Osmocom for 2G for my work. (Osmocom has partial support for 3G)

I request you to direct me to the right resource that may know.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Kind regards,
1ph

Re: Open Source Software Stack for 3G

Post by 1ph »

OpenBTS-UMTS is an project that can be explored on their wiki page. https://github.com/PentHertz/OpenBTS-UMTS/wiki This project is a third-generation (3G) mobile technology that is part of the wider OpenBTS project, trusted worldwide for its robust services.

While the project does not explicitly indicate support for the "nuand bladeRF", it may be possible to achieve this compatibility via soapSDR or by making modifications to the libraries from OpenBTS and YateBTS. This would require some expertise and further investigation, but it could potentially extend the functionality of bladeRF within the OpenBTS-UMTS environment. Experimentation and modification are at the heart of these open-source projects, so this endeavour could be a fascinating and worthwhile challenge.
thomasfrank

Post by thomasfrank »

You can have a look at YateBTS which is a fork of OpenBTS that has been extended to support LTE (4G). It is a less mature project than OpenBTS,fnf but it is actively developed and has a growing community of users.
kalyl

Post by kalyl »

1ph wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:26 am OpenBTS-UMTS is an project that can be explored on their wiki page. suika game https://github.com/PentHertz/OpenBTS-UMTS/wiki This project is a third-generation (3G) mobile technology that is part of the wider OpenBTS project, trusted worldwide for its robust services.

While the project does not explicitly indicate support for the "nuand bladeRF", it may be possible to achieve this compatibility via soapSDR or by making modifications to the libraries from OpenBTS and YateBTS. This would require some expertise and further investigation, but it could potentially extend the functionality of bladeRF within the OpenBTS-UMTS environment. Experimentation and modification are at the heart of these open-source projects, so this endeavour could be a fascinating and worthwhile challenge.
SrsRAN is another open source software radio project that aims to provide an open platform for building 4G/5G software-defined radio access networks.