Transverter & PSU

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
SDR-Radio.com

Transverter & PSU

Post by SDR-Radio.com »

Hi All,

I now have the SMA cables and if I'm not too tired I'll get on with coding this evening, I have one question however.

With the transverter board do I need a PSU? If I use a PSU what is the correct voltage?
jynik

Re: Transverter & PSU

Post by jynik »

As far as I know, there's no need for an external power source; the transverter is powered from the bladeRF.

From what I see on page 2 of the XB-200 schematic, +5V DC appears to be grabbed off of the mainboard via pins 57-60 of the main (60-pin) IO connector.

So far, the only time I've had to use the DC barrel connector on the bladeRF is when connecting the device to some embedded systems that couldn't supply sufficient current from their USB ports. In those situations, you'll want a +5V source. I usually use a DC brick rated to 2A just to be overly conservative. Jumper J70 is used to switch between the DC barrel connector and USB power. Both jumpers must be in the same position.

There's a wiki page on getting started with the XB-200. Please feel free to add anything you'd like there about getting set up with the bladeRF+transverter with your software, or links to your documentation on the topic.
scancapecod

Re: Transverter & PSU

Post by scancapecod »

Thank God! This means I can stop rubbing the balloon against my head constantly to create 5VDC when I want to use the transverter board. I KNEW I had it mounted incorrectly. You guys are Godsends!

Uh...good luck Simon! :D
Scott
Webmaster - Scan New England
http://www.scan-ne.net