ExtIO.dll?

Discussions related to embedded firmware, driver, and user mode application software development
dsalomon

Re: ExtIO.dll?

Post by dsalomon »

Ahhh...thanks. I guess I could've searched before posting. Doh.
dsalomon

Post by dsalomon »

spcutler -

i was chatting with BzztPloink on the #bladerf IRC node, explaining this problem. He checked the source, and fixed it. You can either wait until he merges the change into the source and do a get, or just make the change to the source, as follows (this is what I did):

(7:56:54 PM) BzztPloink: http://pastebin.com/pKH5t8Mf
(7:57:10 PM) BzztPloink: in libusb.c replace the change_setting function with this

After making the change, recompile and it should work. I was just able to load the "latest.img" firmware file to the FX chip, then load the FPGA, then receive samples.

Woo hoo! :-)
LazyDodo

Post by LazyDodo »

That paste expires in 23 hours, but by then with a bit of luck it got merged already.
syntroniks

Post by syntroniks »

If there has been any development on the extio.dll front, I'd be happy to do some testing. After successfully building the bladerf platform for windows, I now have nothing to do with it!! (except for bladeRF-cli rx/tx but that is boring :P )
LazyDodo

Post by LazyDodo »

I've been distracted lately, and plagued by usb controller issues on windows. I just got my SDR# code working (literally minutes ago) again with the official libs since those now offer windows support, I'll eventually get to extio support, but i wouldn't count on it anytime soon, same goes for the release of my sdr# code, it's just not good enough yet.
dsalomon

Post by dsalomon »

I've been out of town for almost a week, returning late tomorrow night. I haven't had time to play with what you previously sent me. Can I get an update with the same caveats as before?
LazyDodo

Post by LazyDodo »

I have done no updates to the extio code i send you.
dsalomon

Post by dsalomon »

Sorry, got confused...forgot it was the Extio and not the SDR# code. Too many balls in the air.
syntroniks

Post by syntroniks »

I am relatively well versed in C# development (3.5 and 4.0) so let me know if I can lend a hand. I do have a working windows library but have not investigated a bridge between the bladeRF and sdr#. Looks like you're doing that, I'm excited :D
UT4UDT

Post by UT4UDT »

Hi all!
http://www.radio-astronomy.org/67ophjwe ... hi_res.pdf
From this doc:
"As we go forward, we will integrate our software with the Nuand code (our software is already freely 
available thru Sourceforge). Presently, they are using some software from GNU radio. We think that our 
software and expertise will prove to be valuable in a joint effort."
Maybe need ask about ...?