Only GNU radio sees bladeRF

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
txjacob

Only GNU radio sees bladeRF

Post by txjacob »

Hi all,
I recently switched from windows to OS X, and I am trying to get my bladeRF up and running on it. I've gotten GNU radio to work and I can receive signals with it, however, I have been unable to get anything else to work. I've downloaded the GQRX binary off of their website and tried it, but it didn't work. I've also tried cubicSDR and it also fails to see the bladeRF. I've made a short attempt to install GQRX by compiling it through homebrew, but haven't actually gone through the entire process since QT takes so long to build.

Any advice or help troubleshooting would be MUCH appreciated.
bglod

Re: Only GNU radio sees bladeRF

Post by bglod »

Gqrx uses GNURadio, so it should work. What's the device string you are using when you try the Gqrx binary?

I highly recommend building all these tools from source, or at the very least installing them through your Linux package manager. That's the only way you can be sure things are compiled against the same library versions as what's on your system.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.
txjacob

Re: Only GNU radio sees bladeRF

Post by txjacob »

bglod wrote:Gqrx uses GNURadio, so it should work. What's the device string you are using when you try the Gqrx binary?

I highly recommend building all these tools from source, or at the very least installing them through your Linux package manager. That's the only way you can be sure things are compiled against the same library versions as what's on your system.
I have been using "bladerf=0,buffers=128,buflen=8192,transfers=32"

I'm currently installing Pothos as it seems to have a more integrated install through homebrew then some of the other homebrew instructions I have read.