bladeRF in GRC Windows?

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
ksmiller99

bladeRF in GRC Windows?

Post by ksmiller99 »

I'm trying to use the BladeRF in GRC for Windows, but GRC says "no devices found". If my RTL-SDR is plugged in, it uses that as a source, but does not see the BladeRF as a source or sink.

Also, if you have an RTL-SDR and a BladeRF connected at the same time, how do you select which to use as a source?

The BladeRF works well in bladeRF-cli and in MATLAB. I'm having trouble using it as a sin in Simulink, but I do not think it's related to this - do you?

My hardware/software: GNU Radio Companion 3.7.9.2, Windows 7, 64bit, AMD A10, 16GB RAM

Thanks,
Kevin

GRC Output is here:
  • Generating: 'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\Google Drive\\Education2\\MSU\\2016\\Spring\\CSIT-697 MS Project\\reference\\top_block.py'

Generating: 'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\Google Drive\\Education2\\MSU\\2016\\Spring\\CSIT-697 MS Project\\reference\\top_block.py'

Executing: C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\gr-python27\python.exe -u C:\Users\Kevin\Google Drive\Education2\MSU\2016\Spring\CSIT-697 MS Project\reference\top_block.py

Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106000; UHD_003.009.003-0-unknown

Using Volk machine: avx
    gr-osmosdr 164a09fc (0.1.5git) gnuradio 3.7.9.2
    built-in sink types: uhd hackrf bladerf redpitaya file

FATAL: No supported devices found to pick from.

Trying to fill up 1 missing channel(s) with null sink(s).
    This is being done to prevent the application from crashing
    due to gnuradio bug #528.

INFO: Audio sink arch: windows
    J: No such file or directory
    gr::pagesize: no info; setting pagesize = 4096
    J: Permission denied
    aOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaOaO
    >>> Done
The top_block.py code for osmosdr is here
    self.osmosdr_sink_0 = osmosdr.sink( args="numchan=" + str(1) + " " + "" )
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_sample_rate(80000)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_center_freq(315e6, 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_freq_corr(0, 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_gain(10, 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_if_gain(20, 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_bb_gain(20, 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_antenna("", 0)
    self.osmosdr_sink_0.set_bandwidth(0, 0)
jynik

Re: bladeRF in GRC Windows?

Post by jynik »

Could you kindly share the output of the bladeRF-cli "info" and "version" commands?

While not directly related, your two issues indicate a common element of using the Cypress driver backend.

I have found that the bladeRF.dll that ships with GNU Radio does not include the Cypress backend support, while the one shipped in bladeRF installer does. You should be able to copy over the bladeRF.dll from the bladeRF installation over to the GNU Radio installation.

I suspect that if you switch to the libusb driver backend in attempt to address your other issue, the Windows GNU Radio installation will then see the bladeRF.

To select the bladeRF, use the device parameters string in the osmocom blocks. You can use either a zero indexed count (bladerf=0) or 3+ digits of the serial number (bladerf=13b).
jynik

Re: bladeRF in GRC Windows?

Post by jynik »

Whoops -- forgot an important link. You can find more information about the bladeRF-specific osmocom block device arguments here:

http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GrOsmo ... SourceSink