SDRsharp and sound recording

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
Serge911

SDRsharp and sound recording

Post by Serge911 »

SDRSharp providing best support of BladeRF with transverter board. But there is problem: not possible to recording audio from output. Only baseband.
At RTL dongle it works well. So where is the problem?
Thanks!
jump

Re: SDRsharp and sound recording

Post by jump »

I probably forgot to implement some interfaces.

I will have a look at that in January. I also have couple of new features I would like to implement as well.
Serge911

Post by Serge911 »

Thanks a lot dear jump! Please look also for FFT plot for AF output.
Zoom FFT check box "Enable audio" also is doesn't works (IF too). FFT window is appear, but there is no any signal indication.

One more question: bandwidth less than 20 MHz doesn't working well. It is looking as problem with USB cable, some interruption and distortion of audio. After 20 MHz audio is going well.
P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
jump

Post by jump »

The issue between low and high sample rates are mostly due to buffer size tweaking. Improving the UI is also part of the plan. I want to have a basic UI for most of the settings you need to adjust and an "expert mode" UI with more settings, including the configuration of buffers for low, medium and high sample rates because they depend on the computer and USB controller performances.

Nothing complex or fancy. It just requires me to find some time to work on that and write/test code before pushing it. And now that SDRSharp is back on Linux, I have 2 operating systems to deal with because I want people to be able to compile on both.