GNU Radio installation problem

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
veso266

GNU Radio installation problem

Post by veso266 »

after many sucseed installations of GNU Radio I need to install gnuradio again? (need to format computer)

normally I used GNU Radio script: http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio and everything worked fine

but now when I run the script everithing works as expected until it starts to build gnuradio then the troubles starts (it complain about VOLK (cmake complains that VOLK was not found) and script failed to continue

This is realy strange because I could always used this script just fine

So any help is appreceited

PS: I use build-gnuradio script because I can run it and forget about it (it does all the work for me) thats why I don't use PyBOMBS

PPS: I am runing this script on Ubuntu Studio 14.04 (I use this distro because it has jack preinstalled)

Thanks fro helping and best regards
jynik

Re: GNU Radio installation problem

Post by jynik »

Hi there,

As of GNU Radio 3.7.7, volk is now maintained in a separate sub-repository. Sure, it's a little bit confusing for GNU Radio users making the transition, but I personally think the devs made a great call in the sense that VOLK can easily be leveraged in other projects now. Plus, I imagine that this will help make their live a bit easier in managing the project, tracking issues, etc. (Kudos and congrats to the VOLK team!)

From the GNU Radio "User" perspective, this means you have to now have to use git's --recursive flag, as shown here on the GNU Radio wiki. Looking at the latest build-gnuradio.sh script, it looks like it's using this flag.

If you already have a GNU Radio repo cloned. I believe you should be able to do the following to get the volk sub-repo.

Code: Select all

$ git submodule init volk
Submodule 'volk' (https://github.com/gnuradio/volk.git) registered for path 'volk'

$ git submodule update
Cloning into 'volk'...
remote: Counting objects: 5324, done.
remote: Total 5324 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 5324
Receiving objects: 100% (5324/5324), 1.52 MiB | 1.19 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (3844/3844), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Submodule path 'volk': checked out 'afd7878bd44c1e58be528acc2016ab16da05cc65'
From this point, you should re-run CMake so that it detects VOLK.

Hope that helps! I'll be updating the bladeRF wiki to include instructions for 3.7.7.1 shortly.
- Jon