BladeRF 2.0 vs BladeRF x115

Discussions related to schematic capture, PCB layout, signal integrity, and RF development
haiderali91

BladeRF 2.0 vs BladeRF x115

Post by haiderali91 »

Hello,

I am evaluating BladeRF 2.0 (also called as BladeRF 2.0 micro) vs BladeRF x115. Though I am not a hardware expert, but many differences are clear like Radio Specturm, Bandwidth, FPGA processor etc enhancements. However, due to my knowledge limitations,I am confused about following:-:-

1. Is BladeRF 2.0 an upgrade to BladeRF x115 or meant for some other special use case.? And Is there any feature that BladeRF x115 has but not BladeRF 2.0?
2. Does BladeRF support expansion board integration that turn it into FPGA development board?

Regards
bglod

Re: BladeRF 2.0 vs BladeRF x115

Post by bglod »

haiderali91 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:53 pm 1. Is BladeRF 2.0 an upgrade to BladeRF x115 or meant for some other special use case.? And Is there any feature that BladeRF x115 has but not BladeRF 2.0?
Yes -- it's a massive upgrade. If you have a specific application in mind, please let us know so we can give you better guidance.
haiderali91 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:53 pm 2. Does BladeRF support expansion board integration that turn it into FPGA development board?
The XB-100 (GPIO expansion board) would do this, but it is currently sold out. There are loose plans to replace it with a modified version that would make it compatible with both the bladeRF 2.0 micro and the older bladeRF Classic series. If you need something quickly, there are COTS BSH/BTH breakout boards available through other vendors.
Electrical Engineer
Nuand, LLC.