Modifying bladeRF-cli

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
poi

Modifying bladeRF-cli

Post by poi »

Hi,

I'm currently using Matlab to receive I/Q data by Simulink-Matlab-bladeRF repository https://github.com/Nuand/Simulink-MATLAB-bladeRF.
Bladerf_dev enables that scanning a frequency range and receiving enough I/Q data which I expect.

However, it takes a lot of time and must be boosted. At this point, it can be a good idea that modifying the bladeRF-cli's receive process. As far as I can see receiving process of bladeRF-cli is valid for a specific frequency. Is there any progress to receive and record samples from a specified frequency range i.e determining start-stop frequency and save csv/bin file? Or, is it possible to overcome this problem by any other way?

Thanks
jynik

Re: Modifying bladeRF-cli

Post by jynik »

Hi poi,

Perhaps one solution would be to write a script that launches the bladeRF-cli to change the frequency and read samples. Wrap that in a loop in your favorite scripting language.

I am assuming a Linux host here, but the sample applies to Windows:

Code: Select all

$ bladeRF-cli -e 'set frequency 910M; rx config file=/tmp/samples_910M.sc16q11 format=bin n=10M; rx start; rx wait;'
$ bladeRF-cli -e 'set frequency 911M; rx config file=/tmp/samples_911M.sc16q11 format=bin n=10M; rx start; rx wait;'
$ bladeRF-cli -e 'set frequency 912M; rx config file=/tmp/samples_912M.sc16q11 format=bin n=10M; rx start; rx wait;'
... and so on..
If this is too slow, it might be better just to write a simple C program to do this. This section of the API docs should help you here.

Best regards,
Jon
jynik

Re: Modifying bladeRF-cli

Post by jynik »

By the way, if you really need to retune quickly, this section of the API docs would be helpful. (Check out the quick-tune section.)