openBTS

Having issues with the site, hardware, source code, or any other issues?
jpvc

Re: openBTS

Post by jpvc »

zane93 wrote: Stating with a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 following the wordpress posted by jpvc.
I had some trouble installing libortp8 and uhd. I would suggest running the below prior to the first step or integrate it in somehow.

1) E: Unable to locate package libortp8

Code: Select all

sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list
to the end, add:
deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main universe
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libortp8 libosip2-4
2) E: Unable to locate package uhd
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/pro ... /UHD_Linux

sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://files.ettus.com/binaries/uhd/repo/uhd/ubuntu/`lsb_release -cs` `lsb_release -cs` main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ettus.list' sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -t `lsb_release -cs` uhd
3) continue on with post instructions from start of post....

4) Building OpenBTS apps missing "make" after "./configure --with-uhd"
Back in your OpenBTS_5 directory, copy the transceiver-bladerf file you just created into the openbts/apps directory and tell openbts to call it when it needs a transceiver

cp ./yatebts/mbts/TransceiverRAD1/transceiver-bladerf openbts/apps/;
cd openbts/apps/;
ln -sf transceiver-bladerf transceiver
After this we are finally ready to build OpenBTS. Go bach to the openbts directory and run autogen.sh and after that configure with the uhd flag
./autogen.sh;
./configure --with-uhd
5) Missing dir for smq.cdr
sudo mkdir /var/lib/OpenBTS

Other than those couple of items the instructions where spot on. I will continue to test and post any other issues...
Thanks again for going over my tutorial! I've updated it with your suggestions and hopefully it will work now from a clean Ubuntu install
zane93 wrote:Before I start shooting from the apt-get does anyone have any suggestions on getting asterisk installed and integrated with OpenBTS 5? Should I install it from RangeNetworks Git?
I got asterisk with apt-get and haven't been able to get asterisk working as it should, actually. The problem is that it is not reading the registry I have so the phones that I add are part of the authentication service and can send and receive messages without problems; also the echo test with asterisk works, but when I tried to make a call it didn't work. The asterisk config files seem to be ok, but there obviously is a problem there. I will take a look at this, but I'm not sure how soon it will be.

jynik wrote:Just added it under How-To's. Feel free to touch up the link or reference to your blog as you see fit! :)
Thanks for that!
JDarll

Post by JDarll »

Hi,

I've been following this tutorial on how to install OpenBTS with bladeRF: https://imjuanpablo.wordpress.com/2015/ ... r-bladerf/

When I call make in "yatebts/mbts/TransceiverRAD1", the file created is 'transceiver-rad1' rather than 'transceiver-bladerf' as the tutorial suggests. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
zane93

Post by zane93 »

JDarll wrote:Hi,

I've been following this tutorial on how to install OpenBTS with bladeRF: https://imjuanpablo.wordpress.com/2015/ ... r-bladerf/

When I call make in "yatebts/mbts/TransceiverRAD1", the file created is 'transceiver-rad1' rather than 'transceiver-bladerf' as the tutorial suggests. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
I think I remember having this issue but I forgot to add it to my notes to update the tutorial. BUT I think I just renamed the file file to "transceiver-bladerf". When I get some time to fire up my box Ill take a look to see what my file is named or maybe it will refresh my memory on what I did or did not do...
JDarll

Post by JDarll »

zane93 wrote: I think I remember having this issue but I forgot to add it to my notes to update the tutorial. BUT I think I just renamed the file file to "transceiver-bladerf". When I get some time to fire up my box Ill take a look to see what my file is named or maybe it will refresh my memory on what I did or did not do...
I tried renaming the file and still got the same result when I ran OpenBTS:

Starting the system...
ALERT 14254:14261 2015-03-10T11:09:17.0 OpenBTS.cpp:174:startTransceiver: starting transceiver ./transceiver with 1 ARFCNs
EMERG 14254:14261 2015-03-10T11:09:17.0 OpenBTS.cpp:185:startTransceiver: Transceiver quit with status 256. Exiting.
andrew77

Post by andrew77 »

Hello,

Following this link:

https://imjuanpablo.wordpress.com/2015/ ... r-bladerf/
I got these errors when make: *** [transceiver-bladerf]:

#warning Using non-portable code (likely wrong other than ILP32).
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:108:13: warning: extra tokens at end of #ifdef directive [enabled by default]
#ifdef NEVER#ifdef NEVER }
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:129:7: warning: extra tokens at end of #endif directive [enabled by default]
#endif#endif }
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:894:2: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90 [enabled by default]
if (freq 3800000000)
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:905:2: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO C90 [enabled by default]
if (freq 3800000000)
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool bladeRFDevice::open(const string&, bool)’:
bladeRFDevice.cpp:131:41: error: ‘fpgaName’ was not declared in this scope
LOG(INFO) << "bladeRF FPGA " << fpgaName << " is loaded with version " << ver.major << "." << ver.minor
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:242:1: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before ‘{’ token
{
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:1024:1: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
}
^
bladeRFDevice.cpp:1024:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
}
^
make: *** [transceiver-bladerf] Error 1

and when I run OpenBTS it shows the error :

EMERG 61969:61977 2015-03-06T09:20:34.2 OpenBTS.cpp:185:startTransceiver: Transceiver quit with status 256. Exiting

I'm using USB2.0 and I'haven't installed UHD (because I already have uhd through classical pybombs installation, and I cannot install), neither configured it (configured –with-uhd), only configure.
What could be the solution?
thanks in advance